These Patterns are free to all with the understanding that credit should be given to the owners.
Go to the Author's Original Site
Conical Helm P1
Conical Helm P2
I would build this helmet in the following order:
- Cut out the two halves of the helmet plus the nasal and a 5/16" wide
rib stop (the band that goes around the bottom edge).
- Dish and shape the top halves.
- Weld the top halves together.
- Grind weld flush on the outside and cleanup weld on the inside if needed.
- Finish the bottom edge and polish the helmet.
- Punch the mounting holes in the nasal and rib stop then finish
all the edges on them and polish them.
- Rivet the nasal onto the helmet and then the rib stop.